Defending Your Right To Compensation Under The Jones Act
Have you been injured in a maritime accident? To secure compensation from the company or person responsible for your injuries, contact Mulvihill Law Firm today and schedule a consultation with an experienced Jones Act lawyer in Everett.
What Is the Jones Act?
The Jones Act, also known as the Merchant Marine Act of 1920, is the first line of defense for seamen and passengers who are injured on the water. Categories of protected individuals include seamen/crew members, longshoremen, and even passengers aboard recreational boats.
The Jones Act stipulates that boat operators have a duty of care towards passengers and employees. If this duty is breached and a negligent action causes injury, then you have the right to file a claim for damages.
Jones Act Compensation
The kind of compensation you have access to depends on your injury, the circumstances that caused it, and how much maintenance and cure you’ve been provided by your employer.
By speaking with our Jones Act attorney Everett, you’ll be able to figure out which kind of compensation to pursue. Your case may include any number of the following:
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning potential
- Medical costs
- Maintenance and cure
- Pain and suffering
- Physical impairment
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Future medical expenses
- Psychological suffering
- Punitive damages
Partner With An Experienced Jones Act Lawyer Everett, WA Today
If you need to file a Jones Act lawsuit to claim lost wages or medical expense coverage, get in touch with Mulvihill Law Firm today.
With over four decades of legal experience, our law firm in Everett is ready to provide you with the legal care that your case needs in order to get you adequate compensation for your maritime damages.
Friendly Atmosphere ● Convenient Location ● Free Parking
Areas of Practice in Everett, WA:
- Car Accident Lawyer Everett
- Car Injury Lawyer Everett
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Everett
- Truck Accident Lawyer Everett
- Wrongful Death Lawyer Everett
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Everett
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer Everett
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Everett
- Dog Bite Lawyer Everett
- Premises Liability Lawyer Everett
- Brain Injury Lawyer Everett
- Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Everett
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Everett
- Uninsured Motorist Lawyer Everett
- Insurance Company Disputes Lawyer Everett
- Maritime Injury Lawyer Everett
Areas We Serve:
- Mountlake Terrace
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Mulvihill Law Firm PLLC serves clients in Mountlake Terrace, Lynnwood, Everett, Edmonds, Brier, Bothell, Mukilteo, Arlington Marysville, Shoreline, Seattle and all cities located in Snohomish County as well as all cities in the greater Puget sound area. Initial consultations are free and confidential.