Defending Your Right To Compensation Under The Jones Act
The Jones Act is a law enacted almost a century ago, recognizing the special dangers and maritime injuries that people working on the water face. It parallels the workers’ compensation system, and depending on your circumstances, may provide better compensation for you when you are injured. If the Jones Act could be applicable, you should contact an attorney experienced with the act, since it is very different from other personal injury cases.
Our lawyers at Mulvihill Law Firm PLLC have a deep understanding of the Jones Act and are qualified to handle a variety of cases related to admiralty law, including: tug boat injuries, fishing boat accidents and others. Having served clients in the Everett area since 1976, we know how to resolve these complex matters in an efficient manner, and with dedication, determination and compassion.
Injuries Covered Under The Act
You might be surprised at the wide variety of jobs covered, and not just on the ocean. If someone else negligence played a part in your injuries, it is more than likely the Jones Act will be a possibility for your financial recovery. Passengers on vessels are also covered. If you have lost a loved one in such an accident, you may be able to sue under the Jones Act.
These cases may not need a trial. In fact, you don’t even have to prove the vessel owner knew of the problem with the ship. If it wasn’t “seaworthy” and safe for its intended purpose, the owner is liable.
Compensation You May Receive
Our lawyers use their years of experience to build strong claims. We are committed to helping you receive maximum compensation for your injuries, including benefits for:
- Past and future lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Medical expenses, including long-term rehabilitation and nursing services
- Educational expenses for job training if you are unable to fulfill the duties of your current position
- Physical and emotional trauma
Not all MountLake Terrace attorneys are familiar with the factors that affect the outcome of maritime injury cases. When your injuries put your financial and physical well-being at risk, working with a skilled attorney is critical. Our lawyers know the law and are ready to help.
Get The Qualified Support You Need. Contact Our Firm Today.
Friendly Atmosphere ● Convenient Location ● Free Parking
Areas of Practice in Mountlake Terrace, WA:
- Mountlake Terrace Personal Injury Lawyer
- Mountlake Terrace Car Accident Lawyer
- Mountlake Terrace Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Mountlake Terrace Truck Accident Lawyer
- Mountlake Terrace Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Mountlake Terrace Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Mountlake Terrace Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Mountlake Terrace Dog Bite Lawyer
- Mountlake Terrace Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
- Mountlake Terrace Premises Liability Lawyer
- Mountlake Terrace Brain Injury Lawyer
- Mountlake Terrace Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
- Mountlake Terrace Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
- Mountlake Terrace Uninsured And Underinsured Drivers Lawyer
- Mountlake Terrace Insurance Company Disputes Lawyer
- Mountlake Terrace Maritime Injury Lawyer
- Mountlake Terrace Jones Act Lawyer
Areas We Serve:
Seattle | Everett | Lynnwood | Mountlake Terrace | Shoreline | Edmonds | Mukilteo | Brier | Bothell | Bellevue | Remond | Marysville | Arlington
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Mulvihill Law Firm PLLC serves clients in Mountlake Terrace, Lynnwood, Everett, Edmonds, Brier, Bothell, Mukilteo, Arlington Marysville, Shoreline, Seattle and all cities located in Snohomish County as well as all cities in the greater Puget sound area. Initial consultations are free and confidential.