Handling Complex Commercial Premises Liability Matters
If you were injured on commercial premises, such as a store or office building, you may have a right to sue for compensation. Under tort law, a business owner has greater responsibility for your safety than a social host/friend. After all, you are invited in to do business benefiting the store owner.
What You Need To Know About Business Owners’ Obligations
Landowners have a duty to inspect their properties for any defects that could cause injury. An example would be grocery clerks assigned to periodically check for spilled or dropped merchandise that could cause a slip or trip.
Frequently, businesses are so busy with going about their business, or so focused on their profits, that they neglect their duty and the safety of customers like you. The most common cause of a slip and fall is a liquid spilling on the floor, or a slippery item that someone steps on. Serious knee injuries, back injuries and injury to just about any part of the body can result from this type of property owner negligence. Commercial floors are typically solid and falling on them hurts and causes injuries.
Tall ceilings in commercial properties accommodate displays that can fall and hurt people. Renovations may not take into account the danger posed to visitors. Defective construction or design, poorly placed rugs and other examples of negligence are responsible for accidents and injuries.
Our Attorneys Develop Strong Premises Liability Cases
If the business knew of a spilled liquid or an item you could trip over, and failed to attend to it or do so effectively, there may be liability. They must at least warn visitors to prevent slip-, trip-and-fall accidents. Contact Mulvihill Law Firm PLLC if you or someone you love has suffered an avoidable injury. Since 1976 we have been there for people in need, offering skill, experience and determination. Our Everett premises liability lawyers can help you explore your options for recovery.
Do You Think You Have A Claim? Connect With Us Today.
Areas of Practice in Mountlake Terrace, WA:
- Car Accident Lawyers Mountlake Terrace
- Car Injury Lawyer Mountlake Terrace
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Mountlake Terrace
- Truck Accident Lawyer Mountlake Terrace
- Wrongful Death Lawyers Mountlake Terrace
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Mountlake Terrace
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer Mountlake Terrace
- Slip & Fall Accident Lawyer Mountlake Terrace
- Dog Bite Lawyer Mountlake Terrace
- Brain Injury Lawyer Mountlake Terrace
- Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Mountlake Terrace
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Mountlake Terrace
- Uninsured And Underinsured Drivers Lawyer Mountlake Terrace
- Insurance Company Disputes Lawyer Mountlake Terrace
- Maritime Injury Lawyer Mountlake Terrace
- Jones Act Lawyer Mountlake Terrace
Areas We Serve:
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Mulvihill Law Firm PLLC serves clients in Mountlake Terrace, Lynnwood, Everett, Edmonds, Brier, Bothell, Mukilteo, Arlington Marysville, Shoreline, Seattle and all cities located in Snohomish County as well as all cities in the greater Puget sound area. Initial consultations are free and confidential.