A car accident can leave victims with personal injury, lasting physical limitations, psychological trauma, and anxiety-inducing medical costs.
Rather than attempting to power through the effects of a car accident, get the support you deserve in the form of a reliable car accident lawyer.
Car Accident and Main Causes of the Crashes
Every year in the US, an estimated 6 million car accidents occur, leaving victims injured, out of a job, and with mounting medical costs.
Some of the main causes of car crashes include:
- DUI. Driving while under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or prescription meds is one of the leading causes of car crashes in the US.
- Distracted driving. This includes when drivers use their phone, apply makeup, or eat/drink while driving. Anything that causes a driver to divert their attention from the road counts as distracted driving.
- Reckless driving. When drivers disregard road signs and speed limits and drive without care or attention to their surroundings.
- Poor weather conditions. Accidents caused by poor weather conditions are common in Washington as the state is famous for rainy, overcast weather.
- Disregarding traffic signs and lights. Neglecting to obey traffic signage is responsible for many of the US’ car crashes each year.
- Night driving. Not only does driving at night decrease visibility, but it also is a time when more people are driving while drowsy, resulting in more accidents.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Do You Need to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
As a victim who has just had a traumatic accident, it’s in your best interest to hire a car accident lawyer to take care of the loose ends of a car accident claim.
Here are some of the benefits of working with a car accident lawyer as opposed to handling the details all on your own.
Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Attorney
- Car accident attorneys deal with the insurers for you.
- Car accident lawyers are able to build a compelling case for your personal injury claim by gathering all the evidence and presenting it to the judge.
- Car accident lawyers understand the laws that apply to your specific case. No individual can be expected to remember all of the legalities that contribute to their case. This is where having an experienced car accident attorney becomes so useful.
- Hiring a car accident attorney ensures that you have an experienced legal worker negotiating for you to ensure that you get fair compensation for your injuries.
- Working with a car accident lawyer means that you are more likely to get satisfactory results than you would if you tried to represent yourself in court and bring a claim against the other driver.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Here are some of the most common injuries associated with car accident victims:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones
- Herniated disc/other back issues
- Psychological trauma (stress, anxiety, depression)
- Fractured or broken ribs
- Deep bruising
When to Get a Lawyer After a Car Accident
If you’ve recently been involved in a car accident or if a friend or family member has been the victim of a fatal car accident, it’s wise to seek out legal help immediately.
Waiting to hire a car accident lawyer until you’re swimming in medical expenses and stressed to your max is bad for your mental as well as your physical wellbeing.
Whether you’ve sustained physical injuries or damage to your car, speak with a car accident lawyer immediately.
How to Choose a Car Accident Lawyer for Legal Proceedings
Here are two practical steps when it comes to choosing a car accident attorney:
- Choose an attorney who works with car accident victims — not a general attorney.
- Choose a car accident attorney based on positive online reviews and client satisfaction. Be wary of car accident lawyers that don’t have a glowing reputation.
Questions to Ask Car Accident Lawyer During First Consultation
Here are five questions to ask a car accident lawyer during your initial consultation:
- What is your background in auto accident and personal injury law?
- What will my case’s timeline look like working with your firm?
- What kinds of damages should I claim?
- Can you provide me with a legal cost estimate?
Mulvihill Law Firm for Maximum Compensation for Your Injuries
If you are looking for an experienced, empathetic car accident attorney, contact Mulvihill Law Firm today.
At Mulvihill Law Firm, we have years of experience representing car accident victims and ensuring that they receive just compensation for their injuries.
If you are looking for reliable, highly-trained car injury lawyers to represent you during this time, contact Mulvihill Law Firm to set up your initial consultation.
Other Services in Everett:
Mulvihill Law Firm PLLC serves clients in Mountlake Terrace, Lynnwood, Everett, Edmonds, Brier, Bothell, Mukilteo, Arlington Marysville, Shoreline, Seattle and all cities located in Snohomish County as well as all cities in the greater Puget sound area. Initial consultations are free and confidential.