If your loved one has died due to the negligent actions of another, you may be entitled to a wrongful death claim. Wrongful death lawsuits are complex and require the skills of an experienced Lynnwood wrongful death attorney, such as Mulvihill Law Firm.
How Do You Prove Wrongful Death?
To prove a claim of wrongful death, the plaintiff must show that the death of their relative was due to the negligent action or inaction of the defendant.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
Typically, the deceased’s immediate family is allowed to file a claim for wrongful death. Non-relatives can also file a claim if they relied on the deceased or financial or emotional support.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Wrongful Death?
Victims can bring a wrongful death suit to anyone who is judged responsible for the death of the deceased due to negligent action. This may include employers, property owners, manufacturers, or designers of harmful products.
How a Wrongful Death Attorney in Lynnwood Can Assist
Wrongful death lawsuits are a drawn-out process that require extensive documentation. An experienced Lynnwood wrongful death attorney can help you navigate the legal landscape surrounding wrongful death suits.
What Does it Cost to Employ a Wrongful Death Attorney?
Generally speaking, wrongful death attorneys work on a contingency basis, meaning you won’t have to pay if they do not win the case. Monetary settlements typically include attorney and legal fees for the wrongful death law firm.
Find Lawyers for Wrongful Death
If your loved one has been the victim of a wrongful death, it is best to act quickly. The statute of limitations for wrongful death claims is three years. After three years, you will not be able to file a claim.
For Assistance, Contact Our Lynnwood Wrongful Death Lawyers
Areas of Practice in Lynnwood, WA:
- Lynnwood Personal Injury Lawyer
- Lynnwood Car Accident Lawyer
- Lynnwood Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Lynnwood Truck Accident Lawyer
- Lynnwood Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Lynnwood Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Lynnwood Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Lynnwood Dog Bite Lawyer
- Lynnwood Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
- Lynnwood Premises Liability Lawyer
- Lynnwood Brain Injury Lawyer
- Lynnwood Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
- Lynnwood Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
- Lynnwood Uninsured And Underinsured Drivers Lawyer
- Lynnwood Insurance Company Disputes Lawyer
- Lynnwood Maritime Injury Lawyer
- Lynnwood Jones Act Lawyer
Areas We Serve:
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Mulvihill Law Firm PLLC serves clients in Mountlake Terrace, Lynnwood, Everett, Edmonds, Brier, Bothell, Mukilteo, Arlington Marysville, Shoreline, Seattle and all cities located in Snohomish County as well as all cities in the greater Puget sound area. Initial consultations are free and confidential.