Common Car Accident Injuries
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Admission, millions of people are injured in car accidents each year. A vehicular accident can be life-altering, especially if you are experiencing one or more of the most common car accident injuries.
What Are the Most Common Vehicle Accident Injuries?
An injury after a car accident can take many forms. Here are some of the most common issues that car accident victims experience:
- Whiplash: Whiplash occurs when you experience pain in your neck, shoulders, and back due to muscle and ligament strains, which can take several weeks to heal.
- Concussion: If you hit your head during the collision, you could have a concussion, leading to memory or concentration issues if you don’t seek immediate treatment.
- Arm and Leg Injuries: A car accident wrist injury, sprained ankles, fractured toes, and knee issues can occur.
- Spinal Cord Injury: The rapid force of a collision could cause an extensive car accident body injury, especially to the spinal cord, that could limit your mobility temporarily or permanently.
- Fractures and Broken Bones: A forceful impact on your body can result in broken bones. For instance, your seatbelt offers excellent protection by keeping you in your seat, but the speed at which it stops you from moving could break your ribs.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: A minor injury in a car accident can be soft tissue damage like bruises that show up a day or two after the incident.
- Scrapes and Cuts: Shattered glass and metal shards can lead to lacerations, scrapes, bruises, or cuts, on your body.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Sometimes, the physical and emotional stress of a car accident can lead to PTSD. You could become frightened of driving, and develop sleeping issues, anxiety, or other mental anguish.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Vehicular collisions can occur for various reasons, including:
- Distracted Driving: Drivers who do not pay attention to the road are the primary cause of car accidents and related injuries.
- Drunk Driving: Operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and drugs can inhibit concentration, reaction time, and judgment.
- Drowsy Driving: Experiencing fatigue or tiredness behind the wheel makes it difficult to focus on the road.
- Aggressive Driving: People who drive recklessly or take risks to jeopardize the safety of themselves and others.
How a Car Accident Attorney Can Help You
If you have an injury due to a car accident and need car accident injury treatment, you will benefit from the legal counsel of an experienced car accident attorney. Car accident lawyers work closely with clients and investigators to prove that another driver’s negligence is the cause of your injuries.
These legal professionals also work closely with medical teams to recover compensation and damages for their clients’ car accident injuries.
Get Legal Help with a Car Accident Lawyer at Mulvilhill Law
If you have car accident injuries, reach out to Mulvihill Law Firm PLLC. Our firm serves Mountlake Terrace, WA, and the surrounding areas, providing personalized solutions to help you seek fair compensation for your injuries. For a free consultation with a skilled car accident attorney from our firm, contact us and call 425-368-9429 today.